Sunday, June 13, 2010

A New Service Project-Sharing of Thoughts


Few days ago one of my juniors Mr.Maheswaran introduced me to one Mr. Subbaih, an engineering contractor.Both of them explained that they would like me to manage an oldage home.The home will provide free boarding and lodging to a minimum of 10 destitute old people to begin with. As support base grows more number of people can be accommodated. They took me to a house, which they said will be taken on lease basis. The house and a small shed with shady trees and moving space looks ideal for old people to live. The project seems to be viable. A body of eminent persons of the town will be registered.The day today management, I will directly take care of.

Coming to the estimated cost,the per capita expenses per day may be to the tune of Rs. 150/- per person. That includes food,water, electricity,lease amount, servants' salary, cook's salary, medical bills,clothing, sleeping materials other miscelaneous expenses.For ten persons Rs 1500/= per day.
I am sharing this with you, with a fond hope many of you may respond positively.I want to ensure some 100 people from this blog may come forward to support this noble cause.If you are interested scrible a few lines either in this comments column or
Send a mail to kmrk1949@gmail.com

When you help someone, the help is returned in Two folds!!

7 comments:

  1. I WONDER WHY EVEN A SINGLE COMMENT HAS NOT COME FOR THIS. IF NOT MATERIAL SUPPORT, ARE THERE NOT A SINGLE PERSON WHOCAN GIVE MORAL SUPPORT--LIP SYMPATHY ATLEAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. namaskaram uncle. wonderful project indeed. when we were young and helpless as babies we were taken care of wonderfully by our parents. unfortunately many pepole refuse to swithch roles when parents get old and desert them . uncle, you have undertaken a marvellous project and i ll save whatever money possible out of my salary and try to participate in this holy mission. though it might be a paltry amount i pray others also follow suit and repay the society of all the dues. its high time we realize our social responsibilities and act accordingly. Thanks and Namaskaram

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Arumbakkam
    -------------Thank you for your encouraging, positive note.May God bless you. The project is in nascent stage only.Let it take off. We shall pray God to make it viable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sir, I like to give small contribution due to i am still studying but i will inform these to my friends and relation to make them to do this service . Thanks for giving me chance to take part such good services. I need ur account no and details of home to explore it detail to others please forward me details to my mail id

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Lakshmi
    -----------You have not mentioned your mail ID.
    Any way send a mail to my mail id:

    kmrk1949@gmail.com

    This project is still to take off. Currently I am doing annadanam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will like to participate as I have been doing for Anadanam.For this project I think u need much more. So i will request my friends and relatives also.I am not very regular on internet. But do visit ur blog.It gives me lot of peace of mind reading good words written by u.We are in touch thro Email.Regards .

    ReplyDelete